How Much Can One Player Impact A Specific Side Of The Ball?
In a team sport, situation matters. As teams downshift in the playoffs to small-ball lineups—maximizing their mobility and versatility—individual defenders are stressed in different ways. What is fair to ask of any one player?
Where To Listen
- Teams are more willing to go small in the postseason than the regular season.
- The greatest small-ball lineups of all time possess size.
- Not everyone has the luxury of going small and in the playoffs, that can be a fatal flaw.
- The debate surrounding Rudy Gobert.
- The Boston Celtics defense.
- Musings on Steph Curry as the focal point of a poor 2021 Warriors offense.
- How much should Nikola Jokic be blamed for Denver's playoff failings against Golden State?
- Dirk Nowitzki's 2007 MVP campaign.
- How much can be asked of one player in a team sport?