He Loved The Earth So Much He Wanted To Stay Forever
An ode to the true opening week of college football, a sport that offers what no other can.
Where To Listen
On this episode:
- A reading of "The Long Boat" by Stanley Kunitz.
- There is nothing more depressing than the future of men's professional golf: two diluted leagues with fields that in no way inspire anyone to watch, with majors trying to decide who is banned and who plays.
- At long last, the college football season has arrived.
- College football: the worse it is, the better it is, and you never know where a Saturday is going to take you.
- Mosin Hamid, from Exit West: "When the tension receded there was calm, the calm that is called the calm before the storm, but is in reality the foundation of a human life, waiting there for us between the steps of our march to our mortality, when we are compelled to pause and not act but be."